Main Forum

Help deciding what unit to join.

6 replies
Votes:
+21
Petty Officer
So I think I would like to be an engineer but I don't know what exactly that would entail at this time. my second choice is The Commandos since I love FPS and as of right now I am a pretty bad pilot. I guess I could be a commando while I/we wait to find out what an engineer is actually going to be doing(what exactly repairing ships would entail.) any and all help would be appreciated.
2532238.jpg
Posted Feb 2, 16 · OP
Votes:
+299
Commander (Navy)
Honestly you could just join the Battlefleet as crew. It's kind of a "working person pool" that generally decide to work on capital ships :) Or join the Commandos, whichever!
Posted Feb 2, 16
TI
Votes:
+93
Commander (Navy)
Training Instructor
Nothing is set in stone. Many of us switched units at least once.
2497590.jpg
Posted Feb 3, 16
Votes:
+200
Lieutenant (Navy)
Hey Madcoff,

Like the others say its not a major issue. If you want to join the commandos great, I would be happy to have you as a squad mate. If you think the Battlefleet crew is more your role because of your engineering side then go for that role. You can always assist in defending the orgs ships and join in on FPS assaults with the commandos even as a member of the Battlefleet.

Either way you can change later as the game develops to what you think is best!
2732371.jpg
Posted Feb 3, 16 · Last edited Feb 5, 16
Votes:
+20
Ensign (Navy)
Really depends on the type of engineer you'd like to be. From what I've seen, there's going to be gear for offensive hacking as part of a boarding party, ship repair, etc. But we're here to have fun and sometimes what is fun changes.
Posted Feb 3, 16
Votes:
+21
Petty Officer
I think i'll join the Battlefleet then where do I sign up?
2532238.jpg
Posted Feb 4, 16 · OP
TI
Votes:
+93
Commander (Navy)
Training Instructor
You will have to send Lexer a PM. just give him a heads up you would like to join the battlefleet as an engineer and you will probably be put into the "crew pool". If you are interested you can decide to join the Childress AFAIK you have to do that via Lexer too.
2497590.jpg
Posted Feb 5, 16
NoticeNotices